Vegas, Baby!: The Expedia Guide to Las Vegas
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas for sure and what happens on Expedia are great deals and packages to get you that Vegas experience you've always dreamed up.
That's why this week on Expedia, we're celebrating Vegas Week across all of our social media channels. Follow Expedia on Facebook and Twitter using #ExpediaVegasWeek to win stays in Vegas every day this week, and get inspired by more Vegas action on Pinterest and Google+. Why? Because it's Vegas, baby!
Want to go to Vegas, the Expedia Gaming Sale is on now for great discounts up to 30% off 3-night stays! Get the inside scoop from Expedia with statistics, deals and tips below.
- Las Vegas appeals to all types of travelers!
- Nearly 70% of visitors to Las Vegas are booked as parties of two.
- 16% were parties of 3 or more who book together.
- 11% were solo travelers when they book.
- 80% of visitors to Las Vegas are repeat visitors.
- More than 50% of visitors come to Las Vegas for vacation/pleasure.
- Travelers to Las Vegas come by air and ground with 40% of visitors arriving on flights and 60% via ground transportation (Source: Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority).
- And when you’re ready to go to Las Vegas, there’s no better place to turn to than Expedia for your hotel. We offer more than 200 hotel options in Las Vegas!
- Want to get away to Las Vegas right now? Try Expedia’s Last Minute Deals for Las Vegas.
- There’s also a Las Vegas Gaming promotion right now to check out if you’re not escaping at the last minute and have some time to do some planning.
- Your flight lands and you want to get to your hotel as fast as possible? Skip the long taxi line and book your transfer from the airport to hotel on Expedia when you book your flight and hotel.
- What’s the best way to get around Las Vegas? – Cabs are king in Las Vegas. A walk along the strip provides excellent people watching and also the City Center tram is a quick way to get between the Monte Carlo and Bellagio with stops at Crystals Shopping Center in between.
- Las Vegas offers some of the best dining options in the world! – Las Vegas is home to more than 2,000 restaurants, including celebrity chef offerings from Mario Batali, Joël Robuchon, Michael Mina, Thomas Keller, Charlie Palmer, Tom Colicchio, Alain Ducasse, Emeril Lagasse and Todd English.
- How about checking out a show or some sightseeing? – Expedia offers tons of great sightseeing activities and shows in Las Vegas. There are even Expedia Local Travel Experts on the ground there to help you with recommendations, dinner reservations, activities, and many other services.
- Want to spend your winnings? Las Vegas offers shopping for every budget. For high end shopping check out Crystals Shopping center or head out to one of the great outlet malls for killer bargains.
- Las Vegas Loves Lovers! Start your evening with a gondola ride at the Venetian and then whisk your date to a romantic dinner, follow that with one of the many breathtaking shows and for the icing on the cake, book a couples massage (many hotels offer in suite services too).
- All work and no play makes for no fun! Las Vegas hosts numerous professional and affinity conferences a year. Add a couple nights to your stay and play!
- Visiting Las Vegas for a bachelorette or bachelor party? Las Vegas has everything from spas to shopping to incredible night clubs to golf excursions to suit any bachelor or bachelorette party palate.!
- Want to experience vintage Las Vegas? Head downtown for the Fremont Street Experience. This five block pedestrian mall features live outdoor music, viva vision, penny slots and affordable dining options.
- Joël Robuchon at the MGM Grand
- STK, Jaleo and Blue Ribbon Sushi at the Cosmopolitan
- La Cave at the Wynn
- Sushi Samba and Cut at the Palazzo
- Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris
- Hugo’s Cellar at the Four Queens
- Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood
- Olives and Picasso at the Bellagio
- Guy Savoy at Caesar’s Palace
- Andre at Monte Carlo
- Marquee at the Cosmopolitan
- XS at the Encore
- Tryst at the Wynn
- Tao at the Venetian
- Drais at Bills
- Vanity at the Hard Rock Hotel
- Pure at Caesar’s Palace
- RPM at the Tropicana
- Voodoo at the Rio
- Lavo at the Palazzo
- The Hard Rock Hotel
- The Encore
- The Cosmopolitan
- The Tropicana
- The Venetian
- The Palms
- Mandalay Bay
- Golden Nugget
- Caesar’s Palace
Jenn’s Las Vegas Insider Tips:
- Many hotels have secondary (back) entrances where the cab lines are shorter.
- Take a stroll to the Bellagio and catch the free Fountain show. Shows run every 15 or 30 minutes (schedule varies) and it is a truly brilliant choreography of water, music and light.
- Remember to pack a jacket as nights can get chilly in the fall and winter months. In the summer the air conditioning is always on full blast too.
- For the best hotel rates you’ll want to try staying Monday through Thursday.
- Take a break from the glitz and glamour and head out to Red Rock Canyon for a day of hiking. Remember your sunscreen!
- STK restaurant (located in The Cosmopolitan) offers a very generous slab of foie gras for only $15 as an add on to your perfectly cooked steak.
- The Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon are quick day trips out of Las Vegas.
What Expedia Fans Have to Say:
- We asked our fans on Facebook when in Las Vegas, what their poison is. Based on the responses, many of our fans stick to seeing shows and gambling. Clubbing came in third with visiting the pools and spas in a close fourth. Visiting the Graceland Wedding Chapel received only one vote!
- We also asked our fans on Facebook what their favorite Las Vegas movie is. Many fans love The Hangover and the Ocean’s Eleven series but we’re seeing votes for Casino, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Swingers too